Tomorrow (30th August) is International Cabernet Sauvignon Day, which is great because:
a. it’s a Saturday
b. the weather looks good for a barbecue
c. do you really need another reason to open a bottle of Cab?
So, whether you’re barbecuing or not (but what better than a chargrilled steak to go with a glass of dense, fruit-packed Cabernet?) why not celebrate this landmark day in the wine drinking calendar by opening a bottle or two of the good stuff.
Here are some top recommendations from the team:
• Michel Torino Cuma Cabernet Sauvignon (organic), 2013
• Andeluna Cellars Altitud Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011
• Berton Reserve Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011
• Larry Cherubino Cabernet, 2009
• Carmen Cabernet Sauvignon Gran Reserva Maipo Alto, 2011
• Viña Perez Cruz Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva, 2012
• Chateau Ksara Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
• Raymond Vineyards Family Classic Cabernet Sauvignon North Coast, 2012
• Viña Echeverria Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva, 2012