Our commitment to the environment
Hallgarten & Novum Wines recognise that our business operations have both positive and negative impacts on our environment and that our activities may also be affected by environmental conditions. The Directors, Senior Management and staff jointly accept our legal and moral responsibility to ensure that we reduce and continue to improve our impact on the environment.
It is the policy of Hallgarten & Novum Wines to:
- Commit to protecting the environment and the prevention of pollution directly through our own business activities and indirectly by using our influence on others;
- Meet our compliance obligations, including legal, codes of practice and all other requirements applicable to our activities relating to our environmental aspects;
- Maintain a safe and environmentally friendly workplace for our staff;
- Provide all necessary resource, training and encouragement to enable our entire organisation to support our commitment to continuous improvement;
- Set objective and targets for our most significant areas of environmental impact, actively measure and drive operational and behavioural change to continually reduce waste and pollution.
- Create and maintain an Environmental Management System (EMS) that will help us to achieve our environmental objectives.
To ensure the company continues to develop, innovate and improve its Environmental Management System (EMS), it will be regularly reviewed by the Directors and Senior Management to ensure it remains In-focus, appropriate and relevant to our business.The Environmental System is subject to both internal and external annual audits.
Andrew Bewes – Managing Director
Howard Falk – Chief Finance Officer